Monday, October 03, 2005

Someone is Indeed Greater

I could not say I believe � I know! I have had the experience of being gripped by something that is stronger than myself, something that people call God.

Have you ever had such an experience of being gripped by something stronger and greater than yourself? Such an experience has led Carl Jung to assert God's existence. For my part, I really wouldn't claim to have had an earth-shaking experience of God. But as the theologian Johnson says, a religious experience need not be accompanied by fireworks. It could be in a gentle and silent breeze as what the priest Zadok experienced.

Prayer has privileged me with such an experience. No, not all my prayers are characterized with the qualities of a religious experience. But one thing that I always thank the Lord for is the experience of helplessness and powerlessness whenever I place myself in His presence. Such experience makes me realize that I do not have my life in the palm of my hand. Such experience impresses on me that I have come to this world with nothing and will surely leave this world with nothing. Being powerless and helpless makes me realize is that everything is indeed gift from the Provident and Loving God I choose to believe in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home