Sunday, October 02, 2005

POP - Prisoners of the Past

Last night, I had a very unusual and deep conversation with a friend. I not one to engage in very personal conversations. I am a happy-go-lucky-person and very laid back at that. But after three bottles of beer and two glasses of vodka, I was kinda tipsy enough to "spill the beans."

I really dunno but I just talked about how I don't feel so loved at all - especially by my dad and my family. I also talked about how this has affected my relationship with authority figures. You see, I go to a shrink and she told me that I will always have difficulties with people in authority because I never had a good example of authority.

And true enough, I always get into trouble with people in authority. I guess they just bring out the rebellious streak in me. Or should I say that I just bring out the punitive streak in them?

I then narrated to him a litany of complaints - how I am always judged to be the source of a problem, how I am too much of an underachiever, how it is difficult to deal with me because of hurt feelings, and so on. My friend ended our conversation with thus: "You are a prisoner of your past."

Yes, I know I am a prisoner of my past. And I do not wish to be damned in this place. I desire to get out, to escape. But no matter what I do I cannot seem to squeeze myself through the bars. I really dunno how much longer I will be entrapped in this place. But heaven forbid the day when I just might get too comfortable trapped within the cage of my past!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are really correct...hehehe...move on...it may not really be easy...but we must...all the best..you are not the only one...and you will never be alone because He will always be there....

Sunday, November 06, 2005 10:20:00 PM  
Blogger Weyms Sanchez, SJ said...

thanks for urging me on o peregrino! =)

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 10:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home